Weathered the storm? Want to offer a lifeline for the future of a young person ?
Be an Ethos Young Leaders Crew Mate
We are looking for people like you to mentor a cohort of young people we have recruited under the Department for Work and Pensions Kickstart Scheme, which provides funding to employers to create job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit.
- working part time, self-employed or made redundant, looking for new challenges or simply wanting to give something back to society?
- looking for and able to take on a rewarding six-month voluntary commitment?
- interested in helping introduce young people into the world of work?
- well-adapted to remote working technology in your home or working life?
- motivated to contribute to projects of social value?
- someone who understands business and entrepreneurship and can help someone new to the workforce understand business buzzwords?
Then please read on to find out more about our scheme:
Survived and Thrived?
If you have been in and out of the workplace for a while, the chances are you have weathered a good few storms – you will have experienced the ups and downs of business life, perhaps recessions and crashes. You personal experience of adversity could give you the resilience and empathy to help young people out of the Covid doldrums and launch their career into the oncoming tide of future work.
We need ‘mates’ to help navigate our crew of young people aged 16 – 24 out of the Covid crisis. Your job will be to help them develop the work skills they need to deliver support to a number of exciting and rewarding social enterprise projects. Working remotely, they will need help to develop critical and sought-after skills such as time keeping, team working, communication, CV development and job searches.
They will be taking on roles in every part of our organisation.
- Information Technology Systems
- Digital communications
- Business and Project Management
We are not looking for experts in any of these areas, but people who are agile enough to mentor in general workplace skills:
Our self-starting Young Leaders will be paid a living wage for six months via the Kickstart team. They will need to respond to the challenge of working from their own homes, and the opportunity for entrepreneurship in existing and new Ethos-incubated businesses.
What is needed from you:
- A regular commitment of your time weekly/monthly for up to 6 months
- The ability to remotely mentor a young person through use of virtual meeting technology (Google and Zoom)
No previous experience is necessary but applicants should ideally have some experience of managing or supporting young people in a work, education or other context. We, in turn, will help you to get on-board with Ethos and learn about all the amazing opportunities we have to improve the future world of work.
All successful applicants to the Ethos Crew, whether Young Leaders or their Mates, will be required to co sign and adhere to a joint mentoring code of conduct.
Ethos is a unique organisation helping social entrepreneurs and innovators launch projects that improve the wellbeing of the world and the workplace. We strive to offer all contributors to our organisation an equal voice and a chance to develop their skills and talents in the pursuit of a better future.
Ethos Young Leaders programme is supported by HM Government’s Kickstart scheme and in partnership with DWP.
For more information contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org