Bill Skelly QPM
I believe that people should be happy and healthy and there are lots of things that go towards people feeling this way.
I have been a participant, organiser and leader of police sport for over three decades and after being at the forefront of delivering workforce wellbeing for the police, was drawn to Ethos through their work with armed forces sport in Team Army. This developed into the founding of Team Police, a wellbeing through sport initiative, of which I am now Chair of the Board, and am a partner at Ethos.
My background experience includes:
- Appointed Her Majesty's Inspector of Constabulary for Scotland reporting directly to Parliament and the public.
- Chief Constable of Lincolnshire and national lead for Performance, Inspection and Police Staff Collective Bargaining
- Leading international anti-human trafficking operations for the Metropolitan Police
- Strategic commander for the planning of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games
- Pioneering innovative approaches to performance management in Devon and Cornwall and leading the foundation of a heritage trust
Following my own path, I have sought to continually develop my training and experience, gaining an MBA from Edinburgh University and a Diploma in Criminology from Cambridge. I received a distinction for my Diploma in Corporate Governance and successfully became a Chartered Director.
In 2018 I was humbled to be listed in the UK's top 50 Leading Lights in Kind Leadership and delighted to be the winner of the Public Services Director of the Year for the Midlands in 2019 and again in 2020. I was given the great honour of being awarded the Queens Police Medal (QPM) in the 2021 New Years Honours List.
When not working with Ethos I am the founder and director of Tambish Boardroom Consultancy which offers Strategic Boardroom Consulting, Non-Executive Assistance and Executive Boardroom Coaching and Mentoring.